Pages

Monday, June 09, 2008

Pre-Pre-Camp Update

Well, it has been a long while since I’ve updated. I am here at NEFC – in fact, I’ve been here for about a week and a half now. Today is Monday, and Pre-Camp (that’s when all the Summer Staff arrives) will officially start on Sunday. Right now, only the six of us are here – Mr. Moses, Mrs. Moses, Andrew Moses, Josh Manus, my brother Nat and myself. Friday, my brother Ezra will come up and join us (I’m excited about that!) and stay through the first week of camp. Andrew Kjellman (That’s pronounced like Chell-man), another good friend of mine, will also join us Friday, so they’ll be eight of us here until Sunday.
The six of us have been doing a lot of work around camp. This last weekend we had about a dozen people come up and help us get some work done – raking, weed-eating, mowing, and general clean up. The grounds are looking a lot better!
We had a honeymooning couple stay at camp last night. We gave them the health lodge to stay in. This morning, before they left, Andrew, Josh, Nat and I formed a quartet and attempted to sing “In the Jungle” for them. We did pretty good for not having practiced much.
There’s a lot more to write, but in the course of this update it has gotten late and I need to go to bed. So, good night, y’all.

2 comments:

Amos said...

Sounds like your having some pretty goos times out there on the wild and hairy East Coast. When you get a minute, shoot me an email and let me know what you are up to this coming fall. Are you headed back down here to TMC at all??

Ive graduated, but Im working Security here on campus . . . so at the very least you should find yourself down here at some point in time just to hang out and catch up for a day or two.

Anonymous said...

How about a post- post camp update? :)

Vera Hassell